If you are suffering from:
- Sore jaw
Shoulder and neck pain
Ringing or congestion in the ears (tinnitus)
- Clicking or popping in the jaw
You may be suffering from TMJ disorder and you owe it to yourself to call Dr. Fallah's office for a thorough consultation.
Many TMJ sufferers go for many years in search of relief. Dr. Fallah's extensive training and experience will enable you to benefit from a wide range of therapeutic modalities for your TMJ problems.
Dr. Fallah had one patient who hadn't been pain free for over three years, and when she left the office, she was pain free!
The temporomandibular Joints – where the lower jaw attaches to the skull – are a complex system of bone, muscle, ligaments, and tissue. When they are healthy, they allow us to perform many important, every-day functions, including chewing, breathing, talking - even kissing. When they are not functioning properly, however, the results are the intense joint pain, headache, neck pain, jaw pain and muscle spasms associated with TMJ. These symptoms can be the result from a number of factors, including:
- Tearing, dislocation or other trauma to the joint
Whatever the cause of your TMJ symptoms, Dr. Fallah understands the significant impact it can have on your life and is committed to designing the course of treatment that will work best for you.
Dr. Fallah's approach to treating TMJ involves careful planning and precise diagnostic procedures to make sure that your treatment is as effective as possible. Dr. Fallah will work with you every step of the way to keep you educated and informed, allowing you to take an active role in your treatment.
First, Dr. Fallah measures and maps your jaw using sophisticated computer diagnostic equipment. Based on the diagnostic results, he creates a provisional orthotic to adjust your bite to a healthier, physiologic position.
Once it has been determined that the bite correction that Dr. Fallah has designed will achieve your desired results, a number of techniques can be used to permanently correct your bite and alleviate your symptoms. These include:
- An orthotic appliance that would provide comfort and harmony between the jaw and the head and neck neuromuscular system, or
- Bite adjustment by doing some minor reshaping of the teeth to reduce the interference that cause the painful jaw displacement, or
- Neuromuscular Orthodontics after achieving comfort within the jaw, head and neck areas, to maintain and improve the comfortable balanced bite achieved with the Orthotic appliance, or
- Porcelain crowns or veneers after achieving comfort within the jaw, head and neck areas to maintain the comfortable balanced bite achieved with the Orthotic appliance, or
- Dentures and/or partials and/or implants when missing multiple teeth with a comfortable and balance within the jaw and head and neck areas replace missing teeth
Dr. Fallah is committed to providing a sophisticated, thoughtful approach to the treatment of TMJ. We treat the causes of TMJ, headaches and facial pains - not just the symptoms - so you can count on receiving the treatment strategy that has the best chance of working for your specific condition. Call today and let Dr. Fallah help you make the pain caused by TMJ a thing of the past.
Advanced Procedures, Expert Treatment
Because Dr. Fallah is constantly upgrading his skills through continuing study and education (averaging about 150 hours per year), he is able to provide exceptional levels of expertise in general and TMJ dentistry.