If you are suffering from:
- Sore jaw
Shoulder and neck pain
Ringing or congestion in the ears (tinnitus)
- Clicking or popping in the jaw
You may be suffering from TMJ disorder and you owe it to yourself to call Dr. Fallah's
office for a thorough consultation.
Many TMJ sufferers go for many years in search of relief. Dr. Fallah's extensive training and experience will enable you to benefit from a wide range of therapeutic modalities for your TMJ problems.
Dr. Fallah had one patient who hadn't been pain free for over three years, and when she left the office, she was pain free!
The temporomandibular Joints – where the lower jaw attaches to the skull – are a complex system of bone, muscle, ligaments, and tissue. When they are healthy, they allow us to perform many important, every-day functions, including chewing, breathing, talking - even kissing. When they are not functioning properly, however, the results are the intense joint pain, headache, neck pain, jaw pain and muscle spasms associated with TMJ. These symptoms can be the result from a number of factors, including:
- Tearing, dislocation or other trauma to the joint
Whatever the cause of your TMJ symptoms, Dr. Fallah understands the significant impact it can have on your life and is committed to designing the course of treatment that will work best for you.
Dr. Fallah's approach to treating TMJ involves careful planning and precise diagnostic procedures to make sure that your treatment is as effective as possible. Dr. Fallah will work with you every step of the way to keep you educated and informed, allowing you to take an active role in your treatment.
First, Dr. Fallah measures and maps your jaw using sophisticated computer diagnostic equipment. Based on the diagnostic results, he creates a provisional orthotic to adjust your bite to a healthier, physiologic position.
Before and after results of actual patients treated in our practice.
Instant Orthodontics' using Porcelain Veneers and Gum Contouring
For this patient, we created Porcelain Veneers, making her smile more symmetrical and closing the spaces between her teeth.
Once it has been determined that the bite correction that Dr. Fallah has designed will achieve your desired results, a number of techniques can be used to permanently correct your bite and alleviate your symptoms. These include:
- An orthotic appliance that would provide comfort and harmony between the jaw and the head and neck neuromuscular system, or
- Bite adjustment by doing some minor reshaping of the teeth to reduce the interference that cause the painful jaw displacement, or
- Neuromuscular Orthodontics after achieving comfort within the jaw, head and neck areas, to maintain and improve the comfortable balanced bite achieved with the Orthotic appliance, or
- Porcelain crowns or veneers after achieving comfort within the jaw, head and neck areas to maintain the comfortable balanced bite achieved with the Orthotic appliance, or
- Dentures and/or partials and/or implants when missing multiple teeth with a comfortable and balance within the jaw and head and neck areas replace missing teeth
Dr. Fallah is committed to providing a sophisticated, thoughtful approach to the treatment of TMJ. We treat the causes of TMJ, headaches and facial pains - not just the symptoms - so you can count on receiving the treatment strategy that has the best chance of working for your specific condition. Call today and let Dr. Fallah help you make the pain caused by TMJ a thing of the past.
Advanced Procedures, Expert Treatment
Because Dr. Fallah is constantly upgrading his skills through continuing study and education (averaging about 150 hours per year), he is able to provide exceptional levels of expertise in general and TMJ dentistry.
Patient Video Testimonials
Looking For A Holistic Dentist In Carlsbad? - Painless Root Canals & Veneers
Teresa travels 2-plus hours for care, the holistic way
Teresa travels from Beverly Hills for Dr. Fallah’s holistic and, moreover, gentle approach. Find out why she says
it’s worth the more than two-hour drive!
Treatments For Shifted Bones And Jaw Pain with Holistic Dentistry - Smile Makeover
Patient is finally symptom-free with holistic techniques
No case is too complex for Dr. Fallah, as this patient relates. After three years, she's finally able to bite down
comfortably thanks to holistic therapy and Invisalign.
Jaw Pain With Headaches - Painless Holistic Dentistry - TMJ
Lasting pain relief with TMJ, neuromuscular treatments
This patient visited Dr. Fallah after persistent “excruciating” pain on the left side of her face
and headaches. Here, she describes the ease of lasting TMJ symptom relief.
Feel Comfortable With TMJ Treatments Carlsbad CA - Experienced Dentist
How general dentistry restores restful sleep
What a difference a dental visit makes! This patient is finally getting quality sleep, waking up refreshed, following
Dr. Fallah's gentle TMJ treatment
Treatments For Jaw Problems - TMJ Carlsbad CA
Quality of life, transformed with devices for TMJ relief
Before Dr. Fallah’s customized devices to treat TMJ dysfunction, this patient couldn’t open her mouth
or chew. Here, she shares her journey to pain-free chewing.
TMJ Treatments Carlsbad CA - Jaw Pain Treatments
“The most amazing relief”: A TMJ treatment story
TMJ problems left this patient in agony for 15-plus years. Tears of pain became tears of joy, when Dr. Fallah achieved
much-needed pain relief.
TMJ Causes Headaches, Jaw Pains And Depression - Happy Patient After Treatments
Richard “lives life normally” now with TMJ relief
Dr. Fallah’s appliance therapy alone did a world of good for Richard, who was suffering from TMJ problems
that caused migraines and affected his quality of life.
Dr. Fallah is committed to providing a sophisticated, thoughtful approach to the treatment of TMJ. CALL US NOW
New Patients: (760) 576-2779 | Current Patients: (760) 576-2269
What our patients say about TMJ treatment
Dr. Fallah is everything that describes the perfect Holistic Health Care Provider. His patient's receive care over and above what is expected. His attention to detail, experience and gifted touch makes even the most complicated procedure painless. He continues his education and brings new innovation to his practise to maintain a standard far beyond what is available elsewhere. He is the first dentist I recommend to my family, friends and patients. I believe he sets the standard all other dentists should aspire to.
Dr Michael B.
Originally Posted on
Dr. Al A. Fallah, DDS, MICCMO, AIAOMT
is an exceptional dentist who treats patients in Carlsbad, San Diego, and beyond with consummate expertise. He provides holistic care with compassion and excellence. Due to Dr. Fallah’s extensive education, experience and skill, he can offer his patients many options and choices in the care they receive. Dr. Fallah believes in co-creating the optimal treatment options together with his patients to suit their unique requirements.
Some of his many achievements:
- Graduate of UCLA Dental School 1987 (scored in top 6 percent of the national boards)
- Master of International College of Craniomandibular Orthopedics
- Accredited by the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
- Certified by the International Academy of Biological Dentistry and Medicine
- Has extensive experience and training in the use of the Zirconia Dental Implants, especially the Swiss Dental Solutions (SDS) and the Z system
- Extensive experience in biological oral surgery using Ozone and PRF
- Graduate of the prestigious residency program in Contemporary Esthetic Dentistry
- Graduate of Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies
- Licensed in IV and oral conscious sedation
- Certified Provider of DNA, mRNA, and other sleep and TMD appliances
- Certified Invisalign provider
- Extensive training in neuromuscular orthodontics
- Founding member of the American Academy of Ozonotherapy
Dr. Fallah is renowned for providing advanced, cosmetic
, and restorative treatments while safeguarding their health with holistic and biological principles. We welcome you to call Dr. Fallah’s office today to experience exceptional dental care!