Al A. Fallah
, DDS, MICCMO, AIAOMT offers materials and techniques that are gentle to living tissues. Platelet rich fibrin or PRF procedures in Carlsbad
complement the dental team’s focus on safe and natural ways to maintain or improve oral health and wellness.
The traditional procedure
Conventionally, if procedures such as extractions were needed, the treatment area would be numbed and special instruments used to access and remove the tooth or infection. After the treatment site is cleaned, gauze is applied to control bleeding, and patient instructions are also provided to prevent complications such as lingering pain and potential bumps on the road to healing.
The PRF approach
Dr. Fallah draws a small amount of your blood. The blood is then placed in a centrifuge, which separates and concentrates the Platelet Rich Fibrin. This part of the blood is rich with proteins that aid in regenerating tissues.
After your tooth is treated, PRF is applied to the site.
The PRF process uses proteins that are naturally present in your body. It is considered an “autologous” approach, which means the person who donates the blood is the same person who receives it. This reduces the risk of infections, doesn’t damage living tissue, and is considered to be safe because it is derived from your own blood.
Traditional techniques focus on preventing and treating disease, but they don’t effectively regenerate tissue lost as the result of a traumatic accident or condition. PRF rebuilds what was lost and it does so quickly, predictably, and safely.
Notably, using PRF as an adjunct treatment promotes:
- The body’s own natural healing and growth factors
- Regulation of the inflammatory response
- Quick wound healing
- Blood flow
- Improved bone graft stability
- Bone Regeneration with APRF
- Facial Rejuvenation with IPRF
- TMJ Regeneration with IPRF
Call (760) 730-1600 to experience these and other comfortable, advanced, affordable, and natural techniques at Dr. Fallah’s Carlsbad office.
Dr. Al A. Fallah, DDS, MICCMO, AIAOMT
is an exceptional dentist who treats patients in Carlsbad, San Diego, and beyond with consummate expertise. He provides holistic care with compassion and excellence. Due to Dr. Fallah’s extensive education, experience and skill, he can offer his patients many options and choices in the care they receive. Dr. Fallah believes in co-creating the optimal treatment options together with his patients to suit their unique requirements.
Some of his many achievements:
- Graduate of UCLA Dental School 1987 (scored in top 6 percent of the national boards)
- Master of International College of Craniomandibular Orthopedics
- Accredited by the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
- Certified by the International Academy of Biological Dentistry and Medicine
- Has extensive experience and training in the use of the Zirconia Dental Implants, especially the Swiss Dental Solutions (SDS) and the Z system
- Extensive experience in biological oral surgery using Ozone and PRF
- Graduate of the prestigious residency program in Contemporary Esthetic Dentistry
- Graduate of Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies
- Licensed in IV and oral conscious sedation
- Certified Provider of DNA, mRNA, and other sleep and TMD appliances
- Certified Invisalign provider
- Extensive training in neuromuscular orthodontics
- Founding member of the American Academy of Ozonotherapy
Dr. Fallah is renowned for providing advanced, cosmetic
, and restorative treatments while safeguarding their health with holistic and biological principles. We welcome you to call Dr. Fallah’s office today to experience exceptional dental care!