Heart Rate Variability (HRV) Monitoring an important diagnostic tool in Carlsbad
The latest proven technologies are important allies as Dr. Al A. Fallah
and his team provide effective therapies, patient comfort, and satisfaction. Heart Rate Variability (HRV) Monitoring in Carlsbad
is a diagnostic tool that allows Dr. Fallah to develop effective treatments for issues ranging from bite problems and tooth-grinding, to sleep apnea and TMJ
By using instruments that monitor HRV, Dr. Fallah gets real-time insight into important patient characteristics, which aid in the development of treatment plans. These unique characteristics include assessment of the autonomic nervous system that includes the Sympathetic versus the Para Sympathetic systems.
HRV technology is also built upon the idea that the heart doesn’t beat steadily, but rather has considerable variation. The more varied the heart rate, the higher the HRV and the greater the patient’s level of fitness and health. A low HRV is associated with disease and poorer health.
Heart Rate Variability says a lot about a patient’s ability to bounce back, adapt, and respond to everyday stressors. It is widely-accepted that depressed HRV means increased risk of diseases such as obstructive sleep apnea. Data collected via HRV monitoring serves as an early warning, providing valuable insights for optimal diagnoses and treatments.
TMJ Disorders, bite problems, and even routine dental procedures have been shown to negatively affect HRV. Dr. Fallah’s understanding of HRV helps to:
- Find the best position for oral appliances based on a patient’s underlying physiology
- Create a dental appliance that effectively treats sleep apnea for patients who are "CPAP-intolerant"
- Anticipate and modify treatment based on the idea routine procedures such as extractions can influence the airway and cause other physiological changes
Your mouth is not isolated from the rest of your body, and treatments by your holistic dentist are designed with this in mind. Next-generation technology for optimal health and wellness is already here, at Dr. Fallah’s Carlsbad office.
Dr. Al A. Fallah, DDS, MICCMO, AIAOMT
is an exceptional dentist who treats patients in Carlsbad, San Diego, and beyond with consummate expertise. He provides holistic care with compassion and excellence. Due to Dr. Fallah’s extensive education, experience and skill, he can offer his patients many options and choices in the care they receive. Dr. Fallah believes in co-creating the optimal treatment options together with his patients to suit their unique requirements.
Some of his many achievements:
- Graduate of UCLA Dental School 1987 (scored in top 6 percent of the national boards)
- Master of International College of Craniomandibular Orthopedics
- Accredited by the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
- Certified by the International Academy of Biological Dentistry and Medicine
- Has extensive experience and training in the use of the Zirconia Dental Implants, especially the Swiss Dental Solutions (SDS) and the Z system
- Extensive experience in biological oral surgery using Ozone and PRF
- Graduate of the prestigious residency program in Contemporary Esthetic Dentistry
- Graduate of Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies
- Licensed in IV and oral conscious sedation
- Certified Provider of DNA, mRNA, and other sleep and TMD appliances
- Certified Invisalign provider
- Extensive training in neuromuscular orthodontics
- Founding member of the American Academy of Ozonotherapy
Dr. Fallah is renowned for providing advanced, cosmetic
, and restorative treatments while safeguarding their health with holistic and biological principles. We welcome you to call Dr. Fallah’s office today to experience exceptional dental care!