Dentist Explains What Waterlase Dentistry Is And How It Provides Comfortable, Precise Treatment
Technology has changed almost every facet of our modern life, and dentistry techniques and tools are no exception. One of the most exciting modern dental advances in recent history is the use of laser technology for dental treatments. Dr. Al Fallah has invested in the latest laser instruments at his practice in Carlsbad, CA because they offer unparalleled comfort and precision for the best possible patient experience and results. Waterlase is one of the tools that Dr. Al Fallah uses to redefine how patients think of the dental chair. Here, he explains what the Waterlase is and how it enhances your care.
WATERLASE: ALTERNATIVE TO THE DENTAL DRILL FOR LIMITTED NUMBER OF RESTORATIVE PROCEDURES
With Waterlase, Dr. Al Fallah is able to harness the power of both modern laser technology and one of our basic necessities—water—for a dental experience like you have never had before.
Waterlase is a laser tool that continuously sprays water, and it can replace the dental drill and some surgical instruments. Both the laser energy and water spray are used to cut tissues and the water serves a dual effect by cooling the tooth and surrounding tissues. By incorporating water into the tool, it excites the water molecules that naturally exist in your teeth to aid in the cutting process, while also keeping the tooth hydrated. From a patient perspective, this means that cutting teeth virtually with no pain.
There are many benefits that patients experience when Waterlase is used:
- Better care: the combination of water and laser energy enables Dr. Al Fallah to be extremely precise as he treats your mouth, resulting in less dental material needing to be removed and minimizing the possibility of cracks or other damage from the procedure
- Unrivaled comfort: the elimination of scalpels and drills reduces the amount of pressure and vibration that is applied to your mouth, and you don’t leave the office with bleeding, swelling, stitches, or discomfort
- No need for numbing shots: most patients find the experience to be manageable without the need for anesthetic
- Reduced bleeding and chance of infection: the laser almost instantaneously stops bleeding and disinfects the treatment area to minimize the chance of bacterial infections
WHAT TYPES OF PROCEDURES IS THE WATERLESS USED FOR?
The Waterlase is an incredibly versatile instrument that can be used in a wide variety of dental procedures. Dr. Al Fallah can adjust the settings on the Waterlase depending on the type of treatment being done to ensure that he is providing accurate, high-quality care.
The laser device can be used in several procedures for your teeth, such as preparing a tooth for cavity treatment, disinfecting bacterial infections in the bone, lengthening crowns, and other procedures. Waterlase can also be used to treat the gums and soft tissues in several ways, including:
- Gum contouring
- Periodontal treatment
- Treatment of canker sores
Learn more about how Waterlase can enhance your treatment today!
At Dr. Al Fallah’s dental practice, the whole team is committed to not just treating your dental issues, but leaving you with a smile on your face because you are comfortable during your treatment and happy with your results. The office is conveniently located at 1293 Carlsbad Village Drive in Carlsbad, CA, and we are always accepting appointments for both new and existing patients in the community. Call us today at (760) 730-1600 to schedule an appointment.Back to Waterlase Dentistry Page