Exploring The Benefits Of Zirconia Dental Implants In Carlsbad, Ca
Although there are several options for replacing missing teeth, only dental implants can replace the roots. They provide an unmatched level of stability and functionality, as well as preserving the health of your jawbone. That is why Dr. Al Fallah is proud to offer this treatment at his Carlsbad, CA office. Furthermore, he exclusively uses zirconia dental implants, which have several advantages over the more common titanium type.
HOW ARE ZIRCONIA IMPLANTS DIFFERENT?
There are two types of dental implants. The conventional type is titanium which has been used for 40 years. However, zirconia also has a long history of successful use in dentistry. Dr. Fallah has been working with zirconia implants for about ten years, with excellent results.
The many benefits of zirconia implants include:
- Esthetics – Zirconia is white, so it does not cause any discoloration, whereas titanium is dark. Biocompatibility – Zirconia oxide is a crystalized structure, as opposed to metallic titanium. Therefore, zirconia implants are very neutral.
- Inert – Because zirconia is not electrically conductive, these implants create an inert environment for the bio meridians.
- Gentle – Because the surface of zirconia is very smooth, it is nonirritating and gum tissue adheres to it beautifully.
- Osseointegration – The integration of zirconia with bone structure is fantastic, which means that the bone fuses to the implant surface. This keeps the implant stable and the bone healthy.
- Noncorrosive – Titanium implants can corrode over time. That corrosion causes pits, which creates a rough surface that pathogenic microbes cling to, which sets the stage for a nasty form of gum disease known as peri-implantitis. Dr. Fallah has performed PCR DNA testing on many patients with peri-implantitis around titanium implants and found particularly destructive pathogens.
EXPERIENCE THE BENEFITS OF ZIRCONIA IMPLANTS FOR YOURSELF
As a holistic dentist, Dr. Al Fallah is dedicated to helping his patients optimize their oral health, without compromising their systemic health and wellness in the process. That is why he chooses safe and biocompatible materials such as zirconia (760) 576-2779 and schedules a consultation to find out if zirconia dental implants are right for you.Back to Zirconia Dental Implants Page